GLOBAL VILLAGE WITH MAGGIE LEPIQUE, PLAYLIST FOR MONDAY, 8/15/06
IN-STUDIO GUEST: LITTLE WILLIE G
1. Mike Stern, "Good Question," Who Let the Cats Out?, Heads Up
2. Gotan Project, "Notas," Lunatico, XL Recordings
3. John Prine, "Long Monday," Fair & Square, Oh Boy
4. Ska Cubano, "Soy Campesino,"Ay Caramba!, Cumbancha
5. Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, "(Iâ€™m Your) Hoochie Coochie Man," Roots of Hendrix, Mojo Magazine
6. Neville Brothers, "Go to the Mardi Gras," Higher Ground: Hurricane Relief Benefit Concert
7. The Meters, "Cabbage Alley," More New Orleans Party Classics, Rhino
8. Aretha Franklin, "Dr. Feelgood, (Love is a Serious Business)" Definitive Soul Collection, Rhino
9. Aretha Franklin, "Say a Little Prayer," Definitive Soul Collection, Rhino
10. Aretha Franklin, "Call Me," Definitive Soul Collection, Rhino
11. Inti Illimani, "On Your Beach," Lugares Comunes, Green Linnet Records
12. Caetano Veloso with Maria Luiza Jobim, "A Felicidade," Tom Jobim/Vinicius de Moraes, Orfeu, Natasha
13. Caetano Veloso, "Se Todos Fossem Iguais A Voce," Tom Jobim/Vinicius de Moraes, Orfeu, Natasha
14. Thee Midniters, "Land of a Thousand Dances, 45 single
15. Thee Midniters with Little Willie G, "Welcome Home Darling," The Midniters Greatest, Thump
16. Little Willie G, "Onda Callera," Radio Pacifica Archives Fundraiser, www.pacificaarchives.org
17. Ry Cooder with Little Willie G, "Muy Fifi," Chavez Ravine, Nonesuch
18. Los Lobos with Little Willie G, "Is This All There Is?" The Ride, Mammoth Records
19. Little Willie G. y Sus Tamaleros, "Across the Bridge in East L.A.," Pacifica Archives Fundraiser, www.pacificaarchives.org
20. Blues Etilicos, "Canceriano Sem Lar," Blues Around the World, Putumayo
Willy G and Los Tamaleros
Skirball Cultural Center
Thursday, August 17, 8:00 pm
2701 N. Sepulveda
Los Angeles, CA
New Orleans Night: Original Meters, Neville Brothers, Monkey Brass Band Hollywood Bowl Wednesday, August 16, 8:00 pm
2301 N. Highland
THE ORIGINAL METERS, THE NEVILLE BROTHERS, THE BRASS MONKEY BRASS BAND HOLLYWOOD BOWL, 2301 N. Highland Ave., Hlywd.; Wed., Aug. 16, 8 p.m. (323) 850-2000.
HALâ€™S BAR & GRILL, 1349 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice. No cover/min. (310) 396-3105.
TEN20 CAFÃ‰ at the BEL AGE HOTEL, 1020 N. San Vicente Blvd., W. Hlywd. Music from 7 p.m. (310) 358-7702.
HOLLYWOOD PARK CASINO, 3883 W. Century Blvd., Inglewood. No cover/min. (310) 330-2800. Music from 7:30 p.m.
VIBRATO GRILL & JAZZ, 2930 Beverly Glen Circle, Bel Air. (310) 474-9400.
(323) 466-2210 or online t
THE VIC, 2640 Main St., Santa Monica. (888) 367-5299.
Peace and Love All, special thanks to Little Willie G. for dropping by the studios, he's simply marvelous...Next week Poncho Sanchez will be dropping by to spin with me and the mighty Terrance Blanchard will also grace the studios to talk about his latest project with Spike Lee regarding Hurricane Katrina....Let's all pray for each other, till next week, Maggie
â€”Latin jazz from Bobby Matos, 9 p.m.-mid. â€”The Cross-Hart Jazz Experience. â€”Barbara Morrisonâ€”Pianist Alan Pasqua, bassist Dave Carpenter and drummer Joe LaBarbera. â€”Belgrade guitarist Rale Micic with trumpeter Tom Harrell Thursday â€“ Sunday .â€”The Frank Morgan Quintet CATALINA BAR & GRILL, 6725 Sunset Blvd., Hlywdwww.catalinajazzclub.com â€”Jazz vocalist Kate McGarry