Hip Hop Smoothie Shop
Saturday, August 24th
Hip Hop Smoothie Shop - a Social enterprise focused on economically empowering Skid Row.
More Information (KPFK 90.7 FM is not responsible for external websites)
“The Hip Hop Smoothie Shop”-Skid Row is a cultural health innovation mobile venture, a Social enterprise focused on economically empowering Skid Row.
On August 24, 2019 from 4-8pm, Creating Justice-LA in partnership with “The Church Without Walls” will be helping to sponsor a Taster Fundraiser for a new Skid Row venture called “The Hip Hop Smoothie Shop”, in partnership with other community partners.
· Housing affordability & availability and poverty are three main factors driving Homelessness in LA. Only 70% of homeless folks struggle with substance abuse or mental illness.
· Since economics is a major factor-A central focus of “The Hip Hop Smoothie Shop”-Skid Row are street entrepreneurs including Artists. We seek to help build street entrepreneurship and the informal economies of under-resourced communities, and to help lift up street entrepreneurship as a major and respected source of economics for community building.
· The Hip Hop Smoothie Shop is one of the many initiatives that is changing the environment of Skid Row. Organizations such as Los Angeles Community Action Network (La Can), Skid Row Coffee and others are helping to do so through holistic healing by elevating culture etc. The Hip Hop Smoothie Shop is all about Holistic healing and Community Empowerment
· The Business model is co-op, as a result many community orgs and artists are coming together to share their talents and gifts for the benefit of all.
· The Hip Hop Smoothie Shop is kind of like a Hip-Hop museum- where you feel, taste, hear, see, and experience.
· We seek to bring you wokeness (educate), goodness, sweetness, health and prosperity, with each gulp
-Natasha Agrama- jazz vocalist and step-daughter of the legendary Jazz bassist Stanley Clarke
- ShowzArt- Skid Row’s own Artist and Muralist, many more up and coming Artists and Artivists, from the Skid Row community and beyond.
838 E. 6th St.
The event runs from 4:00pm to 8:00pm on the following dates.
Select a date to add this event to your calendar app.
KPFK is a progressive media outlet challenging corporate media perspectives and providing a voice to voiceless communities. Help keep KPFK a strong and independent source of music, arts, news and information.
Global Village Wednesdays w Yatrika Shah-Rais
11:00am - 12:55pm
Music from around the world and down the block
12:55pm - 1:00pm
Aware with Lisa Garr
1:00pm - 2:00pm
Aware is dedicated to communicating information to inspire positive growth and change
The National Lawyer's Guild with Jim Lafferty
2:00pm - 3:00pm
A public affairs program where political activists and experts discuss current political developments and progressive movements for social change. Also listener calls.
Will Geer's Theatricum Botanicum 2019 Repertory Season
Outdoor performances of Shakespeare’s classics and socially-relevant plays.at Will Geer's Theatricum Botanicum
Los Angeles Area Forecast
High: 79°F | Low: 66°F