Event type: Special days or anniversaries
Start date: 8 March 2021 | Start time: 10:00 UTC-05:00
End date: 8 March 2021 | End time: 12:30 UTC-05:00
Location: UN Headquarters, New York, NY, United States of America
UN Women is pleased to invite you to the United Nations observance of International Women’s Day 2021. The theme is “Women in leadership: Achieving an equal future in a COVID-19 world on the way to the Generation Equality Forum”.
- E. António Guterres, Secretary General of the United Nations
- E. Volkan Bozkir, President of the UN General Assembly
- E. Mher Margaryan, Chair of the Commission on the Status of Women
- Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, Executive Director of UN Women
- Somaya Faruqi, member of the Afghan Girls Robotic Team
Panel discussion on women’s leadership in a COVID-19 world moderated by Mr. Eddie Ndopu, SDG and disability rights advocate:
- E. Sahle-Work Zewde, President of Ethiopia
- E. Elizabeth Gomez Alcorta, Minister of Women, Gender and Diversity of Argentina
- Aya Chebbi, former African Union Youth Envoy
- Xiye Bastida, climate justice activist
Generation Equality Forum segment featuring key messages from:
- E. Elisabeth Moreno, Minister for Gender Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities of France
- Representative of the Government of Mexico
- Chamathya Fernando, member of the GEF Youth Task Force, World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts
- Anika Jane Dorothy, member of the GEF Youth Task Force, Amplify Girls
- Zoneziwoh Mbondgulo-Wondieh, Executive Director of Women for a Change, Cameroon
Panel discussion on Generation Equality Forum Action Coalitions and Compact on Women, Peace and Security and Humanitarian Action.
Special video message by Eva Longoria.
Musical performances by Pihcintu Chorus, Angelica Hale, and Broadway Singers.
The colour for International Women’s Day 2021 is yellow!
The RSS feed could not be loaded.