Donor Advised Fund
KPFK Donor Advised Funds
A Donor Advised Fund (DAF) is a centralized vehicle for charitable giving that makes it easy for donors to dedicate funds to support their favorite nonprofit organization. It also provides an operationally convenient and tax-efficient method for you to manage your charitable giving. Fidelity, Schwab, Vanguard, and other companies with donor-advised funds permit such designations.
Donor-Advised Funds can provide five primary tax benefits to the donor:
- Income Tax: You receive an immediate income tax deduction in the year you contribute to your DAF. Since AEF is a public charity, contributions immediately qualify for maximum income tax benefits. The IRS does mandate some limitations, depending upon your adjusted gross income (AGI):
- Deduction for cash.
- Deduction for securities and other appreciated assets.
- There is a five-year carry-forward for unused deductions.
- Capital Gains Tax: You will incur no capital gains tax on gifts of appreciated assets (i.e. securities, real estate, other illiquid assets.)
- Estate Tax: Your DAF will not be subject to estate taxes.
- Tax-Free Growth: Your investments in a DAF can appreciate tax-free.
- Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT): If you are subject to alternative minimum tax (AMT), your contribution will reduce your AMT impact.
Most DAFs accept donations of long-term appreciated securities and other assets, and you can advise how the funds are invested, which could potentially allow tax-free growth. They could result in more support for KPFK. Check with your account manager for details and the necessary forms.
Use KPFK’s legal name “KPFK-FM Radio Pacifica Foundation” and Taxpayer ID No., 94-1347046.
KPFK is a progressive media outlet challenging corporate media perspectives and providing a voice to voiceless communities. Help keep KPFK a strong and independent source of music, arts, news and information.
1:00pm - 2:00pm
with Vanessa Valdez
2:00pm - 3:00pm
Feminist Magazine is the weekly Southern California radio show with intersectional feminist perspectives. Covering stories that you don't hear on mainstream media! We broadcast local and global stories, news and opinions about women making a radical dif
Voices From The Front Lines
3:00pm - 4:00pm
Rising Up w Sonali Kolhatkar
4:00pm - 5:00pm
Rising Up is a daily digest of independent news analysis, investigation, education, artistic expression, activism in the public interest
Los Angeles Area Forecast
High: 75°F | Low: 55°F