Donor Advised Fund
KPFK Donor Advised Funds
A Donor Advised Fund (DAF) is a centralized vehicle for charitable giving that makes it easy for donors to dedicate funds to support their favorite nonprofit organization. It also provides an operationally convenient and tax-efficient method for you to manage your charitable giving. Fidelity, Schwab, Vanguard, and other companies with donor-advised funds permit such designations.
Donor-Advised Funds can provide five primary tax benefits to the donor:
- Income Tax: You receive an immediate income tax deduction in the year you contribute to your DAF. Since AEF is a public charity, contributions immediately qualify for maximum income tax benefits. The IRS does mandate some limitations, depending upon your adjusted gross income (AGI):
- Deduction for cash.
- Deduction for securities and other appreciated assets.
- There is a five-year carry-forward for unused deductions.
- Capital Gains Tax: You will incur no capital gains tax on gifts of appreciated assets (i.e. securities, real estate, other illiquid assets.)
- Estate Tax: Your DAF will not be subject to estate taxes.
- Tax-Free Growth: Your investments in a DAF can appreciate tax-free.
- Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT): If you are subject to alternative minimum tax (AMT), your contribution will reduce your AMT impact.
Most DAFs accept donations of long-term appreciated securities and other assets, and you can advise how the funds are invested, which could potentially allow tax-free growth. They could result in more support for KPFK. Check with your account manager for details and the necessary forms.
Use KPFK’s legal name “KPFK-FM Radio Pacifica Foundation” and Taxpayer ID No., 94-1347046.
KPFK is a progressive media outlet challenging corporate media perspectives and providing a voice to voiceless communities. Help keep KPFK a strong and independent source of music, arts, news and information.
12:00am - 6:00am
Something's Happening with Roy Of Hollywood
6:00am - 7:00am
Early morning humor and snappy political wit
Sojourner Truth wMargaret Prescod
7:00am - 8:00am
Sojourner Truth brings you news and views on local, national, and international policies and stories that affect us all.
8:00am - 9:00am
Amy Goodman presents Pacifica's flagship newsprogram
Los Angeles Area Forecast
High: 66°F | Low: 55°F