Donor Advised Fund
KPFK Donor Advised Funds
A Donor Advised Fund (DAF) is a centralized vehicle for charitable giving that makes it easy for donors to dedicate funds to support their favorite nonprofit organization. It also provides an operationally convenient and tax-efficient method for you to manage your charitable giving. Fidelity, Schwab, Vanguard, and other companies with donor-advised funds permit such designations.
Donor-Advised Funds can provide five primary tax benefits to the donor:
- Income Tax: You receive an immediate income tax deduction in the year you contribute to your DAF. Since AEF is a public charity, contributions immediately qualify for maximum income tax benefits. The IRS does mandate some limitations, depending upon your adjusted gross income (AGI):
- Deduction for cash.
- Deduction for securities and other appreciated assets.
- There is a five-year carry-forward for unused deductions.
- Capital Gains Tax: You will incur no capital gains tax on gifts of appreciated assets (i.e. securities, real estate, other illiquid assets.)
- Estate Tax: Your DAF will not be subject to estate taxes.
- Tax-Free Growth: Your investments in a DAF can appreciate tax-free.
- Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT): If you are subject to alternative minimum tax (AMT), your contribution will reduce your AMT impact.
Most DAFs accept donations of long-term appreciated securities and other assets, and you can advise how the funds are invested, which could potentially allow tax-free growth. They could result in more support for KPFK. Check with your account manager for details and the necessary forms.
Use KPFK’s legal name “KPFK-FM Radio Pacifica Foundation” and Taxpayer ID No., 94-1347046.
KPFK is a progressive media outlet challenging corporate media perspectives and providing a voice to voiceless communities. Help keep KPFK a strong and independent source of music, arts, news and information.
All Of The Above
2:00am - 4:00am
Transmitting live from the West Coast of the Milky Way, our weekly radio show explores high quality music of every genre. With no commercials and no playlist, All Of The Above is a non-stop journey through sound unlike any other found on today’s airwa
Nightscapes or Due Diligence
4:00am - 6:00am
Giving you the music to make you think, feel, expand your dreams, reach for the stars and grow your mind. Playing an eclectic blend of low-fi, chilled out neo-soul, jazz, rock, blues, and a few classics. No holds barred, anything goes--DJ Jillian Rise
Edna Tatum's Gospel Classics
6:00am - 8:00am
with host Gil Fears
8:00am - 8:30am
For more than forty years, Alan Watts has earned a reputation as one of the foremost interpreters of Eastern philosophies for the West. Beginning at age sixteen, when he wrote essays for the journal of the Buddhist Lodge in London, he developed an audienc
KPFK - Fundraising Committee Meeting
Conference Call info TBD (to be posted 24 hrs prior): Purpose is to revive the KPFK LSB Fundraising Committee, which has been dormant, discuss the role the LSB can play individually and/or collectively in raising funds, including brainstorming possible projects, and consider a motion to revive the KPFK Development Task Force.at Teleconference
Los Angeles Area Forecast
High: 66°F | Low: 54°F